Friday, May 2, 2014

That is who I am


lib·er·al  (lĭb′ər-əl, lĭb′rəl)
adj.
1.
a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

One is expected to be conservative. Expected to think a thing a million times before acting out. Expected to hide your feelings. Expected to conform to societal beliefs. 

An old friend of mine said to me today "I dont act on my feelings and thoughts.. I am programmed not toIn response to my statement "I am this kind of person that sends you a message when I miss you, I don't "front" it out, I act how I feel... without making things too deep"

I have in recent times found out that I sometimes act "differently". I have an open mind to things and people. I do not see someone and naturally hate the person, or take other people's words about a person to heart.. I give each person a chance to prove their worth. 

I am that girl that a guy will try to talk to, and I don't instantly shut you out because "you are not my type". I actually say "hi" and give you a chance to WOW me... or not.

My friends say I am too nice, they say I am too open with people. I go into a room and I talk with a person I just met like we've been friends for years. 
Most people do not let you come into their personal space. I believe if I am out of my room, "my space is OUR space". Don't just get too familiar once I shut the door. 

I had this conversation with a friend about dating a friend's ex... I don't see the big deal in it, I wouldn't mind my friend dating my ex (not that I have any) as long as I have no feelings for him . A million and one other people disagree with me, they see it as "betrayal". An ex you dated 5 years ago is out of bounds to any other person close to you.

Why do we put too much standards on things, things of the past? Why do we not move on and see the bright sun and bright flowers of tomorrow? Why do we instead choose to dwell on the cloudy days of centuries past?

And I realized why my answers to most questions are different, it's because I am a liberal thinker. I am not conservative as most people are. But it's okay, I won't judge you as long as you don't judge me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment