Saturday, October 13, 2012

Update


 Dear readers, 

I am so sorry for the long absence and absolute silence. This young lady can be said to be one of the laziest ladies in view. I have had so many things to blog about, but i have just been non-chalant in life over the past few months, this character I believe I took from my very non-chalant friend. 

Anyway, not to worry, I will try to go back the past few months, and give headlines of the latest happenings :D 

In July, while working on my dissertation, i got a job in a fashion house called "Kemunto" as an assisting fashion designer. Kemunto is actually a big name in the fashion industry in UK, it came fourth in the recently concluded "Top British designers competition 2012". I absolutely enjoyed working tehre, I made a few connects to launch my own fashion line, which I had bn meaning to do for a while now (more later) and Kemunto, the owner of the line is a wonderful lady and friend, it was a great honor working with her. Unfortunately I had to stop working because I found it hard balancing the time for my dissertation and my work time.
Towards the end of July, I was on the runway :D lol.. as luck will have it, one of the models that was supposed to model in one of Kemunto's fashion shows couldn't show up, so I had to take her space. It was a great experience, and it opened mega doors for me. I was nervous at first mehn.. lol! I almost tripped in the wedding dress (one of the outfits), infact I almost tripped like thrice, at a point I had to lift the dress up biko! I cant fall because wedding dress is supposed to be flowing on the ground. I forgot the walk routines and started doing my own thing on the runway.. lol! people said I was absolutely wonderful on the runway, but you cannot trust compliments these days, some people have turned washer men, a shop and some washing machines and they are good to go. 
I had fun, that was the most important thing, oh and I made really nice good friends, and model friends again for that matter. A few friends came to show their support, although it was a last minute thing. A special friend too was there, even though I tried to make him miss it just incase I flopped. But he used strong head to come. 











I submitted my dissertation in August, it was a nice experience, even though my supervisor was proving stubborn at the beginning: before my exams, I went to see bros with my dissertation topic, he helped modify a few things, and told me to go ahead. After my exams in May, I started working on the topic, worked on it throughout June, I had about three chapters written already. That's how I went to see bros in July, and uncle decided that my first topic which we chose together wasn't IT. So three chapters through, and bros changed my topic again, I had to then start from the beginning. Was it painful at first? Yuullllzzzz! I was dazed. but later on, I started enjoying the new topic, and luckily I enjoyed it more than the first one. Haven't seen my results yet, but I am sure I did well. I had some commas during the dissertation period tho, had to move houses twice.... had some personal issues I thought I would never get out of, but at the end of the day, I learnt that "AS LONG AS YOU ARE ALIVE, NO SITUATION IS TOO BIG, YOU'LL DEF PUSH THROUGH"
I also learnt  "To seek God's face before going into anything, no matter how sure you are about that thing." Lastly "If it is not yours, it isn't yours" Simple!!!


Dissertation defense! showed them "who the boss is"
In september, I got a job as a sales associate in BHS.. lol! see the way they carved a funky name for the job... Haven't really worked full time ever before, so it hasn't been an easy experience; starting work at 8:30 am and finishing at 6:15 or 5:45 depending on the day, Monday to Friday. I am still hanging in there, hoping I can make it till December. 

Finally, the most important update :D I had a pre-launch of my clothing line "Debbie's" at the Aberdeen fashion/ Comedy show and I got so many positive feedbacks, I was so prouuuuuuuudddddd! I got a call yesterday inviting me to showcase my clothing line again at a fashion show sometime in December. Good news ey? Na God ohhh.. I hand sew most of the pieces, although the quality of the pictures isnt  the best, you at least get my drift :D

















My only male model
Lol! see me shinning teeth back stage
Not sure whaT I was doing tbh!





The fashion show was a blast, had loads of support and once again I met beautiful people. I can't help but be grateful. Don't forget to Like us on facebook :) HERE

Anyway, right now I am not really sure of my next step in life, trying to get a befitting job as an energy economist, by God's grace I should be sorted out by December, at the same time I am thinking of doing a PHD, I really want to write a research paper, I already have my topic and all. All I need now is an avenue and time to concentrate on it. 
But once again, I put my trust and hope in God to direct me on the right path to go.

How have ya'll bn? I've bn getting a few positive comments about my blog and vlog. I really appreciate them :) 

Btw! 29th of September marked my one year stay in Aberdeen. I must admit that I don't regret my decision to come here, things have bn going too smooth over the past one year, I have learnt alot, changed alot, met the best of people, especially my beautiful baby Tola.. so glad we came on the same flight to Aberdeen. I miss her so much, now that she has gone to london :( 

Love,
Princess Debbie xxxxx..
Special love to my kids in future when they read this post; mummy loves you, and loved you even before you were born :* :* 


6 comments:

  1. Awwww me darl...newaz thank God everything went well... Mwuaaaah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Congrats on everything, I love a lot of the looks, and the back of the trad dress you modeled. I hate you!!!!! for modeling in a wedding dress (my dream shoot). And your dissertation o_O thank goodness I didn't have to do anything like that, was it for your masters?

    Good luck at BHS, I'm trying to get a retail job too.
    xx B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! thank you Bisola.. ha ha! the wedding dress was the hardest to model, it kept tripping me... ha ha! Yes the dissertation was for my masters, it was't easy at all..

      Thanks so much, I get paid in BHS on Friday, I seriously can't wait... that's 6 weeks of hard labor paying off :D

      Delete