Sunday, December 9, 2012

The power of praise

Happy Sunday guys :)

Hope ya'll went to church or at least had a mini service at home? I didn't go to church, but I had a mini service at home, more like a big service cos I was watching Shiloh 2012. It was magnificent I tell you. My dad almost had me for breakfast yesterday when he called and asked if I was watching Shiloh online. I tried to escape the question as best as I could, but knowing he is DADDY DEBO, he obviously knows me too well. Bros nabbed me and made me promise to watch it. I just mumbled some mumbo jumbo not really saying if I was going to watch it or not.
Anyway, I slept for the most part of yesterday and of course missed it. So when I missed service today cos I had to help a friend that has a big day tomorrow, I decided to go back to my Godly roots and watch Winner's Chapel's online service. On other Sundays when I miss church I watch my RCCG Aberdeen's service or when I want to listen to mad praise I watch Daystar Lagos.
But Today, Shiloh it was.
And so I tuned in to Shiloh 2012 thanksgiving service, and I must say I felt the difference.

PRAISE!!!! It was a thanksgiving service so the most part of the service was HOT BURNING PRAISE.....

You know the way music heals the soul, and makes you better and for some people listening to music takes you to that happy place. Now imagine listening to music that makes sense, music that shows you the glory of the supreme being? Music that takes you to a higher place, the throne of grace.
That's praise.
I cannot emphasize what praise does to me. For those few minutes of praise the world becomes a better place. I don't see the evil of the world, I don't feel the hearbreak that was in my heart a second ago, I don't feel the menstrual pain I was feeling nanoseconds ago, I don't remember how I didn't do so well in my course. I don't remember what my family is going through. All I see is the Lord in his magnificent glory. All I see is how he died on the cross for me so I may be made whole. All I see is how much he loves me, All I see is his beauty. All I can do is smile, laugh, jump, my heart feels its best, at that point I don't want to be in a relationship, at that point all I can say is "FATHER I LOVE YOU" all I can say is "FATHER, I KNOW YOU LOVE ME" "FATHER DON'T EVER FORSAKE ME" "WHAT CAN I DO WITHOUT YOU" All I know at that point is "let everyone leave me, let my family forsake me, let my boyfriend leave me, let my friends run away, but FATHER I WANT YOU".

When I go to church, once I miss praise and worship, I just feel like I have lost my calling for that Sunday.
Instead of praying, sometimes I just go into intense praise and worship, and immediately I connect with the spirit, I don't see the need to make any request again.
I don't know if praise has this great effect on just me, or it is the same with everyone. But for me, my happy place is in PRAISE LAND.

- Debbie Motilewa

2 comments: