Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Socially awkward

I have come to finally accept the fact that I am socially awkward.
I am the young lady you'll find just smiling and laughing at others' jokes in a crowd, never the one to add a joke or two, but in a gathering of socially awkward people, or people I have become familiar with, I am the young lady you'll call crazy.

So today, while in town, I ran into an old friend, we used to be really cool, had our fun times, but we suddenly lost "the connection". The friend I was walking with, had to point her out to me, 'cos I didn't have my glasses on, and couldn't see her approaching (unfortunately, it was too late for me to do a back run). So after the normal "hey, how are you?" *hug hug* I was blank -_-
What was I supposed to say next? Moreover I wasn't even in the mood to fake niceness and be all chatty.. Well, it was really awkward. She was trying to bring up conversation, but all that was going through my head was "Oh Lord, can this conversation be over already?"
Luckily for me she got a call and had to go.. *phew! the relief I felt*

My social awkwardness has bn at it's peak recently, I can hardly keep a conversation going these days. I guess that's what happens when the only people you see on a daily basis, are those in your computer.

Comments are much appreciated :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday btw. Have fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I did thank you, had almost too much fun, I still get embarrassed while watching the videos from the night....

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao. that's just the sign of a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol.. I know right....
    Thanks for asking...

    ReplyDelete