Sunday, February 4, 2018

Surprise party that the bride was not surprised

Once upon a time 
In the kingdom of Mahana mahana
there lived a small little girl called Debbie 

Debbie, always thought she was not a "wedding ceremony" type of person, 
but recent events have proved her wrong: wedding guest at her high school friend's wedding, team "support the bride" at her friend's wedding introduction and now "surprise" bridal shower planner for the first person she fought with in this world -- one of THE SISTERs!

Eiiiss a bridesmaid year guys. 

Yesterday, I planned what was supposed to be a surprise bridal shower for my sister 😃😃😃 
Emphasis on "supposed to be"

It obviously didn't help that I started planning the bridal shower by 2pm a day before.  

It was not my fault guys! 
You see, the way my brain is set up ehn
sometimes, last minute events are appealing. 

Hello googu.. how do I plan a bridal shower?
Hi, Tola... where can I get bridal shower props from?
Ahh Deola, what do they do at bridal showers?” 
Lady, can I fry plantain as the "small chops" at the bridal shower?” 

At a point, my students seeing how desperate I was, started helping me in the less than 24 hours planning of a SURPRISE bridal shower. 
Miss Mo, You can get a cake from coldstone

Eisss like these students don't know I am a teacher. 
Ordinary teacher! 
How much do they think my salary is?
Especially in February, when you have borrowed against your whole salary in January that did not want to end. 
Please allow me to be Ijebu
Eiiss it your Ijebu? 😒😒😒😒

Major Task: Invite the bride’s friends

So you see ehn, although my sister and I live in different states, we somehow somehow, get to hang out with each other every now and then. 
But just like me, even though we have a large pool of friends from different places and for different reasons, our keeping in touch with people('s) game isn't the strongest! 

Yes, we know, we know it’s a bad habit 😢😢😢 
but sometimes too much crowd isn’t good *straight face* 

So the questions were:
Which of her friends had she told about the wedding?
 How many of their contacts do I have? 

Heey, who are Sister Queen’s friends and do you have their numbers?” 
Heeey, who are Lizzy’s friends and do you have their contacts?” 
"Our husband, oya oo-- send my your wife's friends' phone numbers"
When family and "family to be" were not forthcoming with contacts, I had no choice but to look for her friends on the gram.

Guyss! 
My detective game is on point. 
As innnn!
see the way I went through all her posts looking for anyone she was in anyway extra nice to. 
But you know girls nah? 
Everybody is “love” “hunny” “dear”
Thank you love
You look beautiful dear” 😒😒
It was difficult! 
But just as I said, my detective game is on point -- like full stop 😁😁😁

Finally, all was set: 
I had travelled from my small village to her town, 
gone shopping, 
laboured in the kitchen, 
burnt small chops 😃😃
It was now time to expect the bride, 
(she had no idea I was coming to her house, 'cos she was at work when I came in to do the set up).

Just before her arrival time, I told myself and the people around:
 “Let me quickly shower and dress up before she gets home”. 

Two minutes later, while in the bathroom, someone opened the bathroom door 
😃😃😃
Surprise party that the bride came to meet me in the bathroom 😃😃
I had to send her back to the door, to act surprised





No comments:

Post a Comment