Sunday, October 29, 2017

Saturday Night is for Dancing... And Sunday morning is for?

I think I have a good disorder
No matter what time I go to bed, my eyes shoot open between 5:30am and 7:30am every morning-- what I do next determines whether or not they'll stay open.

On the positive side if I go dancing on Saturday night, and stay out till 2am, I am still able to wake up early on Sunday morning (sometimes cranky) and get to church. However, the question now is "How far in the service can I go before I join the nodding prayer committee?" You know those people that when Pastor is preaching --- note not praying oo! Preaching --- they are nodding their heads (in sleep)
When you see them you'll think they are getting one type of Rhema-- till you hear them snoring or see their phones drop like four times. 

Last night, I slept really late (2am), not because I went out o! But because my sister decided that she wanted to gist with me all night 😩😩😩 and as I had not seen her for a month nah, I had to oblige. By 5:30am, my first alarm went off-- somehow I snoozed that thing till 7am 😔😔
 I finally stood up by past 7 to shower and begin my makeup journey 😩😩 Remember, make up learner nah! Didn't help that my fake lashes decided to do "odeshi" -- after like ten minutes of trial and error (just when I was ready to give up), they finally decided to stay on. 

Service was cool-- praise and worship was nice--- the choir's ministration was awesomeeee! And then it was time for the word--- Fine man Pastor Paul Adeferasin came up to the pulpit-- Fine suit-- fine man--- Fine accent -- Fine word --- And that's when I noticed there was a sleeping competition going on in church. Let's start with the man next to me. 

When this guy entered the church, all kacked up in a shiny blue suit, bros was forming "Strong spiri koko"-- You know those people that when Pastor says "shout one hallelujah",  they'll shout like "four hallelujahs" and even turn around in a circle, while still somehow staying fresh? 
Yup! That was blue suit bros! 

Immediately Fine man Pastor Paul Adeferasin opened his mouth to talk, blue suit bros started nodding with eyes closed-- Pastor had not said anything oo-- he was still giving announcements, but apparently bros blue suit was already receiving rhema 😃
As if that was not enough, mid way through the service, bros blue suit was proper snoring-- I had to nudge him to help him reduce the embarrassment his village people were setting him up for. 

Next, my own sister 😃😃--- At least she tried-- she got halfway through Fine Man Pastor Paul's message before her head started receiving rhema-- her own nod was on a different level-- I kept nudging her every second biko! It is the same village we are from, if they get her, they'll now think they can get me too! Mba! - Luckily she finally opened her eyes, after she got tired of my push every second. 

Finally, the row in front of me-- sigh-- the doze was real on that row-- it felt like the "angel" of sleep had blown a nice breeze of sweet dreams-- people were snoring-- some had their heads tiltled to the back with their mouths open-- It really felt like the reenactment of the books of Acts 2

And I am just there like--- Why is the sleep so intense today? Is it cos Saturday night was definitely for dancing and Sunday morning is for sleeping? 
And NO! I didn't sleep! Not even a doze 😃-- I am serious! I am not lying 😐😐

No comments:

Post a Comment