Sunday, December 8, 2013

"I am talking to my girlfriend.... Oh yes! I'll be your girlfriend"

Lol! My friend told me this rather interesting story the other day.. And I thought I should share it with you guys. 
So, I have this friend that likes forming "I am from London, but I school in Aberdeen". Lol! This brother came to UK for the first time when he was about to start uni oooo. 
But he has borrowed the oyinbo accent and dressing very well, that's why when people ask him "hey, where are you from"... He'll use the Brixton (London) accent and say "I am from London innit" 
For the purpose of this post, lets call him Uncle London. 
Lol! I know I'll be in deep trouble because of this post, but this gist is sweet. 
So there was this babe Uncle London was "doing",  he never asked her out or anything, but they "saw" eachother... Went to movies, she slept over at his house occasionally, basically, they were having a thing. lets call her "Lola" (not pronounced in the Yoruba opening of mouth way oo... pronounce it like you are Bri'ish-- Loola) 
Now Uncle London sees himself as a player. Like the next best thing after sliced bread. Youuuu knnnooowww... Those guys that apparently girls cant say NO to... I don't know what they see in him sha, but hey!!!!!! 
One day, Uncle London was on the phone with "Lola" when his flatmate's babe walked into the room. 
Flatmate's babe: who are you on the phone with? 
Uncle London : My girlfriend. 
Gheun! Lola's ear sparked at the mention of "my girlfriend" 
Lola: (On the phone) Give me a minute. I'll call you back. 
Uncle London: (wondering whats wrong) erm... Okay. 

Five minutes later Lola calls back... 

Lola: Uncle London...
Uncle London: Yes? 
Lola: OKAY. 
Uncle London: Okay what? 
Lola: OKAY. I'LL BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND. 
Uncle London burst out laughing. 

Lol! So apparently, because Uncle London called her his girlfriend on the phone... Joke or no joke oooo, Lola took it personal and gave an answer to a question she was not asked. 
At the end of the day, it all boils down to one thing.... "The kingdom of God suffereth violence. And the Violeth taketh it by force" 

What do you guys think? Should ladies be more aggressive in claiming what they want? 

No comments:

Post a Comment