Thursday, November 28, 2013

Is lateness now becoming my thing

Bonjour darlings. Je write et post vous train to Le St Andrews at patir de Manchester. (Meaning--> I am writing this post while on the train to St Andrews from Manchester) 
I've bn doing some travelling(s) in the past few weeks. Will blog about that in a different post.
however, I do not really have pictures to show because I smartly left my camera in Nigeria, and my phone has had a really unfortunate life, cracked screen is an understatement for its current state.
Anyway, I just realised that I have nearly missed all my trains and buses, I always plan to leave the house at least two hours before my departure time, somehow I end up leaving an hour before my departure time, and start running like a mad woman, cussing the buses for bn so slow or for not showing up atall, when I could have just avoided that by leaving the house earlier.
To worsen it, most times my journey to the departure "venue" is usually my first to either that train or bus station, and I have to spend another ten minutes locating it. 
Arriving in Aberdeen about three weeks ago, it felt good to be back... Phew! As dead as that city is, I've missed it a lot.
A week there, and the mamalet "Deedee"
beckoned on me to come to her village Manchester. 
Do I like Manchester? I dont know tbh, you know those places you cant lay your hands on? I feel really comfortable and at home in Manchester, dunno why. However, I do not like the city, it feels too ghetto for me... Aint nothing that can compare to my posh Aberdeen city, except Birmingham ofcourse. 
So, my private jet *you know how we roll*  was for 4:30am, I had to sleepover at a friend's house, cos the house was close to the private jet parking station 😂😂(I wish ya'll could see the special smiley). 
I slept off the night before my journey while watching movie, forgot to put an alarm... Thats how i woke up by 2am luckily. Kept an alarm for 3 and slept back..... 
I think it was my snore that actually woke me by 4am... Chenye! You should have seen the way I jumped up from bed, it was unreeaaaalllllll! Did some jackie Chan and 007 moves. 5minutes past 4 and I was running to the station, pulling my friend along, cos If I sure would have gotten there two hours later if i had to find the station on my own. poor child I disturbed his sleep.
Last Saturday, I got a call from my Pastor; my Ireland papa.. He was in London, and I had to go see him and other Church members I hadnt seen since I left Ireland. 
So once again, they bought a ticket for me for my private jet 😂😂 i intentionally made sure the journey was for late in the day 15:30, so I wouldn't have to 007 again, but trust Sister Debo, I left the house by past 2, and Chimdimma was not helping atall, she was praying I missed the private jet because she didnt want me to leave. 
You should have seen us running on the ghetto streets of manchester... *sigh* all our reps disappeared with that single act.
Fast forward a few minutes, I got to the station just as the doors of the bus was closing.... I barely got a seat on the bus self. *coughs, what bus? I mean my Private jet*
At the station was my darling Ijeoma waiting for me.... Reverse four years, Ijeoma and I were inseparable... How things change... We journeyed the long journey of London city... I just never seem to get enough of London *sighh*
I got home to Ruth *formerly Megan* almost breaking the door to welcome me. I have missed my babies you knoooww.... Joshua, James and Ruth (Formerly, Kurt, Sean and Megan). 
Okay, this post is not about my trips... Sorry about the diversion... 
Fast forward two days, my special jet was to leave Victoria Station by 12:30pm... I planned to leave the house by 10am latest... Ofcourse something had to come up, Ijeoma was to assist me with an online assessment test i needed to complete that day, we went out the evening before so we couldnt complete it at night, assuming the test was the usual one hour maximum job test, I was shocked when I met 7subsections... trust easyjet to overdo their own... We started the test by 8am, and completed it by 11am... 
I had the fastest bath I've had since as far back as I can remember.... I had to take two trains to get to Victoria station, coming out of the final train I was trying to follow the road signs to find my way... *no show* I got lost ehnnn. Finally I found the station. A minute later and my private jet would have gone without me. These rude pilots we hire these days.. *smh*
Fastforward to today, train for 2:11, and I was just about leaving the house by 1pm... Not sure what I was doing all morning tbh; completed a job questionnaire, made breakfast, napped, had my bath, decided on what to wear *after trying out three outfits* longstory cut short I was at the bus stop beside the house by 1:27pm waiting for a bus to the station, not that I knew were to come off the bus... Then I met an old friend of mine Damola. You guys remember him? When I gisted ya'll about my trip around the world February last year.... Click here to read the story 

We chatted for a few minutes about school, work, Nysc, Nigeria, life after school.. E.t.c then the bus finally came... I luckily sat next to a babe that was also going to the train station. We got talking, and I think she was into me *winks* lol! I dunno, maybe she is just really nice, but she was giving me this "sexy eyes" look... So I cant tell.... 

Anyway, I met Deedee at the station, got there 2pm on the dot *phewww*
Now I am writing this post from my private jet up in space, will send it down to you mortals when there is internet connection. 

Love, 
Debbie.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment