Monday, November 5, 2012

How do ya'll do it?

Hola amigos!!!!

Yes, I am learning Spanish... would write a few lines in Spanish, but I don't want to confuse your earthly heads :D jokes apart, I am not sure I can learn a new language :( Tried learning French couple of years ago; got the "learn it yourself" book and tape.. I listened to the tape every morning and evening on my way to and back from school in my first year in undergrad... Till today, I know just the basic bonjour, comment tu t'apple .... if I spelt them correctly...  I know them just because of that awilo song we listened to when we were younger.. You know the one they remixed to "In the village she dey peel cocoyam eee"...
Sha.. I am not learning any new language oohhh.. I'lld love to learn Igbo tho.. but that can wait.. Right now I am in serious emotional pains....

Yulz! Emotions from work... Told ya'll in my update post that I started working at BHS right? well yeah... I am drained, stressed, strained, ...ed,...ed, .....ed... just keep adding all the "ed" words... Never knew working could be emotionally, physically and spiritually straining.... It's not like I've never worked before.. I have, but not just under these conditions. At my previous jobs, I worked when I felt like, I was usually the baby of the office, so no one ever shouted at me or corrected me or anything related.... I was always "the really smart young girl that never makes a mistake"

But for the first time at a work place, I got called to the "quiet area" like twice in a week.... As if it is not bad enough that I work morning till night 5 days a week... I really couldn't deal last week Thursday... It just all of a sudden got too much for me... I was all happy in the morning, then all of a sudden, I dunno what happened, but I broke down.. lol! I cried at work.... The most annoying part was when my colleagues were asking what was wrong with me.. as much as I love the attention when I am crying, I can't deal with people trying to make me happy at that point, it just feels like I am getting "too loved" and those that know me well, would know that when I see a real show of "love" I tend to cry....Anyway, as they kept asking why I was crying, I unconsciously wailed louder... Had to beg them to leave me for a bit... Anyway, I cooled off towards the end of the day, and couldn't leave the office any faster..  The rest of the day wasnt so bad, I got a "build a bear teddy" which we named baby Carlos. Defs made my day :D
Anyway, back to my reason for this post... HOW DO PEOPLE DO IT? HOW DO YOU WORK FIVE DAYS A WEEK? Now I really understand why everyone wants to be a CEO....

As much as I love my job... There are just too many commas with working with the same people 5 days a week... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment